Saturday, May 28, 2011

Persuasive

My students wrote Brad a persuasive letter to ask him to come visit them.  They know that every persuasive letter has a least 3 reasons why someone should do what you want them to.  I posted the letter they wrote on my blog.  Then this happened:

Graham first:

Brad,

I want you to come visit Kendal and me in Canada.

You've never been to Ottawa.

We like Canada and Ottawa and think you'd like them too.

There's outdoorsy stuff here and you like outdoorsy stuff.

We want to shake your hand in Canada.

Bring your wife if it would make you come.

Sincerely,

Graham (and Kendal, who's reading over my shoulder)


Then Brad:

That is a damn fine persuasive letter Graham, damn fine. That being said, i fear you, like Kelsy's class would be sorely disappointed if I actually came to visit you. I am all hype and no show.

No comments:

Post a Comment